Providing Knowledge and Being Informed

Symptoms of Mold Exposure

Mold can grow in your home and go unnoticed for a while. Mold typically grows in dark and damp spaces and can grow behind wall panels and under flooring if there is enough humidity. Learn to recognize the symptoms of mold exposure to determine if there is a mold infestation problem in your home or office.

Respiratory problems are one of the most common symptoms of exposure to mold since mold spores are present in the air you breathe. This can cause a persistent cough, a sore throat and shortness of breath. Sinus congestion and red and irritated eyes are other common symptoms.

The presence of mold in your home can cause a wide range of symptoms and everyone in your household can be affected differently. Typically, young children and people with allergies or existing respiratory issues will have the worst symptoms.

It is possible to experience bloating, digestive problems and abdominal pain due to mold exposure. You might experience joint pain, especially in the morning. Some people go through mood swings and see changes in appetite and thirst. As a result, they might need to urinate more frequently.

Allergy & Asthma Consultants, Inc. does not provide healthcare advice.  Always consult the advice of a healthcare professional.

You can also experience sweats, blurred vision and feel like you have a metallic taste in your mouth. Some people have a hard time focusing, concentrating and remembering thing due to mold exposure. You might feel fatigue, weakness, experience headaches or even develop a sensitivity to light.

The severity of these symptoms vary from one person to another and also depends on how severe the mold problem is. If you or someone in your household are experiencing any of these symptoms, look for signs of mold in your home. You can sometimes notice a stale smell or even see traces of mold on walls and ceilings.

Inspect crawl spaces and look in areas where humidity levels can be high, such as under your faucets, near your shower or bathtub and behind your toilet. If you are not seeing traces of mold in your home but believe that you are experiencing symptoms of exposure to mold, contact a mold testing specialist in your area.

The symptoms of mold exposure can be difficult to identify because you might not be aware of the presence of mold in your home. If you experience one of more of these symptoms and do not see an improvement after a few days, think about having your home tested for mold.

Allergy & Asthma Consultants, Inc.

Site Designed By Outstanding Sites